Due to ongoing illness, our honorary Treasurer Carla Donnelly has had to resign the position. Effective immediately, ALGA is looking for a replacement.
Ideally you will have strong skills within Excel and a background in finance or office management. Our office is based in South Yarra, though you would be able to do a vast portion of the role online. We have Dropbox set up and online banking (if this is preferable), though some time in the office would be required in order to process paper-based items and postage etc.
The role takes on average 4 to 5 hours per week (the busy time is around October to January), so it is imperative you have the time to dedicate.
The Treasurer works closely with the Membership Coordinator to fulfill duties such as:
- Invoice and dispatch book orders, monitor payments, issue statements to wholesalers and direct purchases. Monitor book stock.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Committee (detailed incoming and outgoings)
- Process expense claims (validate receipts and claim sheets, arrange cheques to be signed by two signatories)
- Monitor the ALGA bank account for online payments, donations and membership payments (details to be forwarded to the Membership Coordinator)
- Arrange floats and sales sheet for ALGA functions as required
- Prepare annual accounts for AGM reports – most recent here
- Prepare annual public officer’s report for Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Provide input to funding submissions on financial aspects
- Banking of received cheques, donations and cash payments (most transactions are membership and donations, increasingly electronic – about 200 members)
- Payment of bills, ongoing and one-offs (about 50 cheques per year)
The Treasurer works with the Membership Coordinator to:
- Verify acknowledgements of donations and membership thank you letters have been sent before doing the banking.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to ALGA by email, email@example.com