The Australian Queer Archives (AQuA) welcomes visitors, researchers, and all our queer community with access needs.
- 30-34 Jackson Street: Located off Fitzroy Street between Grey Street and Acland Street. Turn left into Jackson Street from Fitzroy Street. The carpark is located on the right-hand side behind the shops. 3 hours of free parking from 8am-Midnight, except as signed.
- Single wheelchair dedicated 2hr kerbside car space out the front of the VPC on Fitzroy Street.
- Victorian Pride Centre (VPC) underground parking is very limited and by approval of the VPC, please contact AQuA who can facilitate an application.
- The tram stop #134 (Park St. / Fitzroy St.) right outside the VPC on Fitzroy Street is an accessible tram stop. Tram routes 96 and 16 both stop at this tram stop.
AQuA is in the VPC which is a wheelchair and mobility scooter accessible venue.
- We welcome all access aids in our space and recognise that accessibility is unique to each individual.
- There is wheelchair/scooter accessible entrance with no ramps.
- Our floor is accessible by the elevators, to the rear left of the ground floor near the stairs. The lifts have voice descriptions, and slow closing doors.
- AQuA are located on the Mezzanine (M) level
- Once you have arrived outside our door, we have a doorbell just to the left of the door frame at door handle height, ring the bell and someone will let you in.
For those that are neurodiverse or may experience sensory sensitivities, we can modify our spaces to fit your needs, including:
- Dimmable lighting in our main research space and meeting room
- Varied types of seating, from desk chairs to upholstered armchairs with armrests.
- Quiet spaces, including a separate quiet meeting room
Guide dogs and assistance animals are welcome at AQuA.
We have an accessible toilet on the Mezzanine level where AQuA is located, as well as on all floors of the VPC. All toilets are all-gender.
If you require any assistance or other facilities that are not listed here please let us know.
If you have questions or concerns prior to your visit, so we can help make your experience at AQuA enjoyable, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
We are aiming to remove access barriers and greatly appreciate feedback to ensure we are improving our space and services to suit all needs.