Volunteers are our lifeblood, however, it is our membership fees and donations that allow us to maintain financial independence. The collection is constantly growing, and we always need funds to maintain high standards of archival preservation, provide the community with ready access and safely preserve the collection for future generations.
Your contribution will help us honour and preserve the lives and histories of the LGBTIQ+ generations that have come before us.
Ways to contribute:
- Make a one-off donation – or even better, a regular donation – with GiveNow. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
- Replenish your cellar or cater for a party by buying from Goodwill Wine.
- If you’re someone who already has everything, consider holding a fundraiser for us – for your birthday, wedding or special event, instead of receiving yet another pair of rainbow socks.
- Ask us about sponsoring an Archives project or event.
- Remember us in your will by making a bequest.
Here are just some of the ways your donation will make a difference:
- $5 buys an acid-free archival box to store papers and books safely.
- $25 pays to store an archival box securely off-site for five years.
- $50 buys a ream of acid-free tissue to safely store t-shirts and banners.
- $100 buys an acid-free album to preserve photos.
- $350 pays to host our website for a year.
- $550 digitises 15 videocassettes, preserving unique images of our past.
- $750 buys a computer that allows volunteers to catalogue the collection and researchers to view digital collection items.
- $1000 pays to supply and maintain our high-speed scanner/photocopier for a year.
- $10,000 would contribute to employing an administrator to take care of our operations.
- $25,000 would contribute to a permanent storage facility to accommodate the collection’s future growth.
We are grateful to Thorne Harbour Health (formerly the Victorian AIDS Council) for the many years of support in providing our Reading Room space.